Welcome Back!! At long last, beginning Wednesday June 2, we are ready to (cautiously) open up the office again, but we will still have some guidelines in place, as we realize that all employees and clients may not be fully vaccinated, or may have underlying health concerns. We appreciate your cooperation and understanding.
1) If you are fully vaccinated, you do not need to wear a mask in our facility, unless you choose to do so.
2) If you are NOT vaccinated, your MUST wear a mask to enter our facility.
3) Please continue to practice some form of social distancing while in our waiting area and office. Also, we will limit the number of people present at an appointment to two.
4) We will continue to use the foyer to pick up medications, food, and supplies, as well as to drop off specimens. Many of our clients appreciate not having to wait to pick up their items, and this eases congestion at the front desk. Please call in your refills or other needs in advance. You will be called and payment will be taken by credit card when the items are ready to be picked up. You may then pick them up in the foyer. We do NOT keep your credit card on file in the office.
5) We will continue to offer curbside service to clients who request it. Please have your phone available for us to call you!
6) The boarding kennel will remain closed until further notice.
It will be good to see many of you again, and we have some new clients who we have never met personally! Please bear with us while we get back into our "routine". Again....welcome back!
Effective November 21st, we will be changing our protocol to curbside service only. This is due to exposure of members of our staff to Covid-19. We have previously allowed clients to enter our building, but we feel this change in protocol best protects you, our clients, and our staff from further exposure. We apologize for the incoveniences. If you have an appointment scheduled, please call the office at 547-5100 upon arrival. A technician or assistant will call you back to discuss any concerns you have for your pet. They will then meet you at the door to take your pet into the office (you must still wear a mask when interacting with staff). All dogs must be on a secure leash and collar, and all cats must be in a carrier. Once the Doctor has completed the exam, they will call you to discuss any findings and recommendations. Payment will be taken over the phone by credit card. Medications and pet foods may still be picked up in the foyer, but they must be paid for in advance over the phone. Please be patient as we adapt to these changes. Again, we thank you!!
Beginning Monday, June 1, we will be going back to full staffing at Chesapeake Animal Hospital. However, we will still be practicing social distancing to keep our clients and our staff safe and healthy. The following will apply:
1) Only one person present with a pet for an appointment in order to practice social distancing while in our office.
2) We will be wearing face masks in our office, and we request that our clients also wear a face mask or face covering.
3) You will be placed in an exam room immediately upon entering the office. The assitant/technician will address your concerns in the exam room and your pet will be taken to the treatment area for exam/tests with the Doctor. The Doctor will then discuss your pet's health or treatment plan with you in the exam room.
4) Invoicing and payments will be taken in the exam room. Credit card payments are preferred.
5) Medications/food/supplies should be called into the office in advance. Once they are ready for pickup, you will be called for payment over the phone, and your items can be picked up in the foyer (exceptions for refrigerated items and certain controlled substances).
6) Grooming clients will be called when their pet is ready for pickup, and payment taken over the phone prior to pickup.
7) Drop off fecal and urine samples in the box in the foyer. Please call the office or "wave" at the receptionist so we know you have left a sample for processing.
8) Curbside pick-up will be offered if you desire. Please let us know in advance if you need this service, and call us when you arrive at the parking lot.
9) Please do not congregate at the front desk or in the office. If too many people are present, you may be asked to wait in your car. We will be staggering appointments somewhat to try to avoid this situation.
10) The boarding kennel is still closed until further notice.
Thank you for your patience and cooperation. It has been, and continues to be, a challenge to care for your pets while maintaining the safety and well-being of our clients and our staff.
Beginning on Monday, May 18, the grooming department will be expanding availability to take care of your grooming needs. Hours are by appointment. We are still practicing social distancing, so please, only one client per pet. Your payment will be taken by phone when you are notified that your pet is ready to be picked up. If you need refills on medications or food, please let the receptionist know, so that we may have them ready for you. We will continue to operate the medical side of the hospital as outlined previously for the safety of our clients and staff, until we determine what the COVID numbers are doing as the rest of Virginia begins to open up. Please wear a mask or face covering while in our office! Thank you!!!
Beginning Monday, March 30, we will be splitting our employees into 3 teams, none of which will be working together. This is an attempt to limit our exposure to one another should a team member be exposed to COVID-19, and still be able to keep our office open to care for your pets. Each team will be only working 2 days per week. This way, if one team member is exposed, the smaller team can be quarantined, and the other 2 teams can continue working and pick up the slack. In doing this, we will be very short-staffed with only 1 receptionist, 1 doctor, and only 1-2 assistants/techs for each team. We will do our best to accommodate our clients, but please keep in mind that there may be delays in answering the phone, filling prescriptions or fulfilling other needs.
We ask that you call ahead for any refills, as we may not be able to get them ready at short notice, and we have changed our pick-up policy as noted in an earlier post.
Certain elective procedures may need to be postponed.
We will also change the way we conduct patient visits in order to practice social distancing (and because we are short-staffed). You will be called into an exam room and the history will be taken by the assistant/tech, who will then take your pet to the treatment area to be examined and/or treated by the Doctor. Procedures will be performed in the treatment area, but the Doctor will communicate with you as needed in the exam room, while respecting social distancing recommendations.
We will be closing the office at 6 PM on Mon/Tues/Thurs so that we may have more time to clean and catch up at the end of the day.
Doctors schedules will be Dr. Brooks Monday/Wednesday, Dr. Kim Tuesday/Friday, and Dr. Neering Thursday/Saturday. Cathie will be available for select grooming procedures on Monday/Wednesday.
We apologize for any inconvenience, and we thank you for your patience and understanding.
We have had many questions about grooming appointments. As many of our client's pets have conditions which require medical grooming, we will try to continue to accomodate all grooming appointments, but they will be limited to Mondays and Wednesdays by appointment. Please call Cathie at 436-7375 to schedule an appointment, or leave a message on her answering machine. She will be checking messages periodically. We will take payment by phone to limit your time in the office, and please respect social distancing when you enter and leave. Thank you!!
As of 3/23/20, we are currently open our regular hours, but we have made changes to protocols for the protection of our clients and staff members. We apologize for any inconvenience but feel these changes are in the best interest to all involved, and will help us to remain open during the coming weeks to serve our clients and their pets.
1) Our boarding kennel is now closed until further notice.
2) Payments will be by credit card only.
3) To minimize client contact and to respect social distancing, please call ahead for any prescriptions, refills, food or other items. These will be prepared and processed, and someone will contact you to take payment by phone. You may then come to pick up your items which will be placed in the hospital foyer in bags (on hooks) with your name. Food or larger items will be placed on the bench. Please pick up your items before 5 PM M-F and 12 PM Sat.
4) Any lab samples (fecal and urine, etc) will be dropped off in the labeled box in the foyer. Please label the bags provided and place your samples inside the bag and place in the box. They will be processed, and you will then be called for payment if needed.
5) Only one person will be allowed in the office per visit with their pet(s).
6) We are staggering our appointment times to practice social distancing for our staff and our clients.
7) If you have been traveling (or been exposed to COVID-19) please do not enter our office. Call us from the parking lot and if needed we will send someone to your car to get your pet. Cats must be in a carrier, and dogs must be on a secure leash and collar.
We are in the process of dividing our employees into 3 teams in order to minimize exposure of the entire staff and our Doctors to COVID-19. Should one team become exposed, they will be quarantined and the other teams will continue seeing patients. We will also be changing the manner in which we conduct exams in order to minimize contact.
This will mean that we will be short-staffed and possibly limited in some areas as far as procedures and scheduling. We ask for your patience and understanding during this time. We will be posting more information on this towards the end of the week, with new protocols beginning on Monday, March 30.
Thank you in advance, and please be safe!
Serving Chesapeake Area Pets with Care and Compassion Since 1986
The moment you walk through our doors you know you’ve brought your pet to a place where they will be treated with love, respect, and to complete and quality health care. Our facility is state-of-the-art and boasts two surgical suites, the latest in technology, (including digital radiography and in-house lab diagnostics), as well as a highly trained, professional staff, qualified to meet all of your needs. Feel free to browse our waiting room area for pet supplies, toys, and other pet care products and view the display cabinet of yesteryear to see just how far veterinary care has come!
Our focus is on client service and patient care. We have tried to put ourselves in the shoes of our clients and treat their pets as if they were our own. We believe strongly in client education—so you can make informed choices for your pet.
We understand that special bond between people and pets, and we strive to treat your pet as though it was our own.